Saturday, January 31, 2009

Last full day in Whistler

Last night we went out for the last supper with all six of us. Before dinner we did a little shopping. I found another bobsled in one of the shops. If I can't qualify for the US Snow Tubing Team, maybe I'll get picked up for bob sledding.

The Rockenbachs made reservations for us at Il Caminetta and we had an amazing Italian dinner. Here's a little peak at the menu.
Ken, Kristi and I

Kim, Micah and Bryan
This morning Kim, Micah and Bryan headed out early for their flight home. Ken hit the slopes for his last day of skiing and I went to snowshoe. The area was right across the street from where we are staying so after a short hike I was strapped into my snowshoes. It was a very fun route through the trees, up and down the hills.
This one's for Frank. My feet resting on a bench.
I hiked out to Lost Lake which was completely frozen over and beautiful. I just want to run out into the undisturbed snow...but fear of falling into frozen water kept me on the trail, for the most part.
Once I got back from snowshoeing, Kristi and I hit Whistler Village for a little more shopping. Here's a view of the village area. It was a great day, sunny but with snow flurries all day!

We just wrapped up our last dinner at the Irish Pub and have most of our stuff pack. It's been such a fun week, flying by so fast. We catch a ride back into Vancouver early tomorrow morning and get back into Dallas around 8pm. That is, unless some wonderful storm keeps me trapped here for another week. :)

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Looks beautiful!! I bet y'all had fun. That restaurant on your last night looks heavenly! ;-)